March is Reading Month
Students and teachers at the Elementary Campus are gathering their books, for “March is Reading Month” has arrived!
- Students will be enjoying two days when everyone in the school will Drop Everything and Read (DEAR) periodically throughout the day.
- Those at the elementary are also privileged to have a guest speaker who is associated with the story “Bucket Fillers”, which encourages all of our students to be kind to one another.
- Put on your thinking cap and help your child dress up like their favorite story character for a day. Enjoy a night out with your family at the Grand Rapids Children’s Museum for free.
- Put on your game face and plan on coming to our Family Game Night to play a variety of games and see how many of the teachers spend a family night with their own family.
- As always READ, READ, READ and READ some more with your children. Mr. Debri has volunteered to spend a day reading on the roof if enough students read three books during the month of March.
- More information will be coming soon and be sure to check the calendar for the specific dates of our exciting events. HAPPY READING!!
The middle school students will be using their SUPER READING POWERS to continue their QUEST OF LEARNING in some unusual ways during March is Reading Month!
- After decorating homeroom doors with SUPER HERO reading slogans, students will write creatively using vocabulary words about the SUPER POWERS they all wish they had!
- Next, they’ll take those ideas and create comics/ newspaper articles and covers, complete with pictures of themselves as said SUPER HEROES, to display throughout the hallways for all to read and enjoy!
- The library will host a guessing game of books with JUSTICE as their themes.
- Middle school students will also be FLYING on over to the elementary school for game night with their elementary siblings.
ASA Griffin’s Hockey Game
Join your ASA friends at a Grand Rapids Griffin’s hockey game, at 7:00 PM on Saturday, March 29, 2014. Prepare to be impressed by the sound of the ASA Middle School Band performing the National Anthem before the game. Lower level tickets are $14 and upper level seats are $11. Complete and return your order form by Friday, March 14.
Via Dolorosa “Way of Sorrows”
Join us on April 16 for the Walk of Sorrows from the elementary campus at 2223 Diamond to the Middle School campus at 1110 Four Mile, marking the stations of the cross and commemorating Jesus’s final walk to the cross. See this Via Dolorosa News Release for more information. Click on the Via Dolorosa Packet that was sent home on March 28 for detailed information and forms. Please note: school dismisses at 2pm that day.
ASA Whitecaps Game
Mark your calendar for the annual ASA Whitecaps game on Sunday, April 27th at 1 pm. Thanks to support from our Home and School Association, tickets are just $10 and include admission to the game and an all-you-can-eat buffet from 12:30-2:00 pm. Our Middle School Band will perform the National Anthem before the game. Ticket orders are due back in either school office by Friday, April 4th. Click Here for your Whitecaps Game Order Form!